It’s wildfire Season, don’t be the Reason.
Fresh fish cooked over an open fire, there’s nothing quite like a shore lunch. Unless it turns into a wildfire!!
Anglers, remember to put your shore lunch fire out. A wildfire can affect fish and wildlife habitat along a shoreline and can be very expensive to control.
If you have a shore lunch fire, remember the rules:
- Build the fire on bare soil or rock in a location sheltered from the wind.
- Make sure the fire is a safe distance from all flammable material, including overhanging branches.
- Keep the fire small and tend it at all times.
- Most importantly, put the fire out when you are done. Soak it with water, stir the ashes and soak it again. Repeat until the ashes are cold to the touch.
- Have fun with and enjoy lunch.