Have a Grand Old Time with the Grandchildren
It’s been said that 60 is the new 40 – and at Brennan Harbour, we know firsthand that’s true. In fact, youthful retirees have created a whole new travel trend called “grandtravel.” It’s about grandparents enjoying their grandchildren in brand-new ways, taking them on the road — sans parents — for fun-filled RV camping that creates memories to last a lifetime.
What better “grandtravel” getaway than camping at Brennan Harbour? A camping trip is the perfect way to get to know your grandchildren better and strengthen those all-important bonds. Teach your grandson to bait a hook and catch his first fish. The best part about RV camping is the versatility — there’s plenty for everyone to enjoy onsite, or use it as a home base for exploring the area. Also, a camping trip is among the most affordable of vacation options, making it easy to take all the grandchildren without breaking your budget.
Wondering what to do on your camping trip or stay? The possibilities are endless, but here are a few sure-to-please suggestions to get you going:
- First, check out check out our ”Things to do in the area” section - there’s bound to be something for every member of the family.
- Catch fireflies together and keep them in a glass jar with holes punched in the top.
- Spread your sleeping bags under the stars and teach the kids the names of the constellations.
- Roast marshmallows over an open campfire. Be sure to bring along everything you need for ooey, gooey s’mores.
- Take a nature hike and collect leaves and interesting rocks along the way. For school-age children, take a book about plants and work together to identify the foliage.
- Sing traditional campfire songs or go on a glow-stick hike after dark.
Sound fun? Start planning your family camping trip!